August 16, 2013

Hello, there...

So, I detached myself from Big Brother's teat again. I'm thirsty without Facebook. It wasn't doing anything for me anymore. It had just devolved into a nervous habit and I already have enough of those.

So, I had a bad day at work. My first upset customer. She wasn't upset with the store. She was upset with me. I said something wrong and she thought I was treating her like an idiot. I've already told the story 3 times to the only people that care. I'm sick of it. This is apparently the 3rd time in 3 weeks that someone has made a complaint about my work. One wasn't a big deal. The second one I was wrong and I'm an idiot for saying something within the customer's hearing. The third one today was just a stupid misunderstanding. What a coincidence that I had a job interview with a temp agency after work. So... I have to go through the process of quitting a job again. I just don't know how much more I can take in retail. It takes a special kind of someone to make it a career.

I really don't know a lot of people that even like their jobs in retail. The way the companies run their employees is ridiculous and demeaning.

Anyways, now I have to make a decision. Take another risk. I hate it, but maybe it's what I need. I'm trying to get into administrative/clerical work. An office setting sounds super nice. But after the crap today I feel like I can't do anything right. I can't take criticism worth a damn. I devolve into a big ol' cry baby.

I've got issues.

Aaron's family will be here in a couple days and I'll have time off from Kohl's. So, hopefully, I'll have some time to think. I have to give notice at work though. I just don't want them to think I'm doing it because of a bad customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment