November 15, 2010

I Really Did It This Time

     I am so mean... My sister Julie and I have always butted heads. But I think I may have gone too far this time. She put a facebook status about how her daughter Mariah made her cry. Mariah is 14 and has always been a brat, but I just couldn't stand seeing Julie try to get sympathy for something like this. I told her to grow up. Of course, she deleted my comment and sent me a message telling me I was being bitchy, and I of course responded in a perfectly unnecessarily bitchy fashion.
    
     For something where I didn't have to say anything, I sure gave it to her. You see, Julie just left her husband, goes out drinking, got her nose and ear pierced, etc. My sister Lisa thinks she may be having a midlife crisis. I wouldn't go that far. I just think Julie is trying to act like she's 22 instead of 32.  After exchanging some messages that are prime examples of why I should never be allowed to write anything, I finally said I was sorry. Then Mariah started to talk to me. Not only could all of Julie's friend see that her daughter made her cry, Mariah could see it too! She commented about how it's none of anyone else's business about what they fight about and that she should tell the whole story(apparently Julie called her a bitch)etc... I said some more stuff, not bad, just agreeing with Mariah, and just now I looked and the whole thing has been deleted.

     At least I'm still Julie's friend on Facebook.  I guess I just want to get off my chest that I feel horrible and that I know there will be repercussions. I feel bad for Julie and Mariah. They've never gotten along, and now they have only each other. And I wish, more than anything, that Julie would try harder to be Mariah's mom and not her enemy. But, what do I know about parenting? Obviously, nothing because I never had kids! It's so frustrating to be able to see what's wrong so clearly, as an outside observer, but not to be able to have an opinion without being called "strange".

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I now see why your tempted to just never facebook again! I hope all that gets better and that you can have a working relationship with your sister.

    ReplyDelete