July 3, 2011

Rearrangement

I feel like I am drowning in a morass of negativity.. I am surrounded by it night and day. I try to be positive and get away, but misery loves company and encouraging words are scorned hastily. I just want to get away from all this and wrap myself up in happy people with gentler lives. I don't think they exist though. I'm losing any respect for humanity. I know there are good, kind, giving people out there. I've met them randomly. They come out of nowhere and make you smile. They are a beacon of hope in the shrouding darkness of immorality in the world. I want to be one of those people. I have to run through the careless words, as though they are branches in a dark forest, whipping me in the face. It gets hard to believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, a break in the trees... Believing in the sunshine feels as absurd as the Catholic church believing the Earth revolves around the sun in the 16th century. While there is every proof that it is the truth, I staunchly hold onto the ways things are.

2 comments: