May 15, 2011

Echoes

I'm listening to music on Myspace right now... And I swear I can feel the echoes from how empty it is... Where did all the people go? I was never a big Myspace user, but it's kinda creepy. It's almost as though there was a mass exodus to the holy land of Facebook. It's actually kinda interesting. What happens when websites die? Nothing, I guess. I know that Myspace is owned by Rupert Murdoch now. And I vaguely remember thinking about that back when it was news. Murdoch is a freak. He owns the news, pretty much.
I've been realizing something today. For the longest time, I figured that, as much of a screw up my brother was, he was still a good dad.

I'm starting to think he isn't. I don't want to. So I'm not really going to say much. Because... If my brother isn't at least a good dad, then what is he good at?
Most weekends I end up hanging out with Mason, and I love it! I love that little guy! He's the best, but, I am the one that plays with him and watches him most of the time. Or he goes by my sister Julie and her kids. Soo.... Yeah... Bryan has a new girlfriend and I'm seeing a lot more of Mason. It isn't a very complicated equation.

Ok, enough about that. I've been keeping my chin up lately. I'm very proud of myself. *pats herself on the back*

I'm still applying for jobs. I need to have a marathon session, I think. I need to do like 20 in a day. Ugh, they're such a brain drain, though... I wish I had someone to do it with me. I've always needed someone else to motivate me. It's not a flaw, it means I have to interact with someone, sometimes :)

I've been snapping pictures with my SLR camera... Now that it's spring, there are things to take pictures of. I'll have to take a walk on the next nice day and see what I can find. I love my SLR camera, I love the film. Knowing that each shot has to be calculated, thought about, paid for... It makes me very choosy and I look to take more artistic shots. I don't really like going out into the world with it, though, people ask too many questions. Haha, "Are you a (professional) photographer?"um... duh.... Do normal people have hobbies anymore? I think I've been sheltered the past couple years. I'm really very curious, what do people in their 20's do for themselves? Other than sex, drugs, rock 'n' roll and popping out kids?

Ooo, ooo! I got to tell my brother that a job doesn't make you who you are... I think he listened. For like two seconds. Oh, and a week or two ago, after being picked on when I woke up, I got to say that statistically, people who stay awake later have higher I.Q.s. Ha! Take that.

Sometimes, I wish I never moved back. I know I'd rather have them picking on me than sitting alone, in some far corner of the world, alone and missing them.

I just wish my family wasn't such a pain in the ass.

I've started wearing pencils in my ponytails. Now, I just need to find a place to put a notebook.

My happiness has increased dramatically lately. I think mainly because I've been staying off my computer.

Well, happy Sunday,

Lindsay Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment